Saturday, June 23, 2012

I love Bambi!

I was going through Pinterest one day and found this quote from the movie Bambi and I knew I wanted to use it on a journal page.  Knowing it wasn't going to have the right effect if I didn't use Bambi, I had to figure out a way to add it without it looking like a cartoon journal page.


I went ahead and did an image transfer using Gel Medium so I would have a Bambi there but not so dominant that it jumps of the page.  I wanted him to just blend in to the background so I thought that the image transfer would give the look I wanted.  For the tree trunk, I used Molding Paste and the music pages I sprayed with various green glimmer mists and color washes.


Thanks for stopping in today.
My Basket of Scraps

4 comments:

  1. Love this! And the quote is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! And I love the tree with the music pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You quoted Bambi! That is just fantastic. I used to use that saying when the kiddos were little all the time. Love the scene you created here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to respond :)

 
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Goodreads RSS