Monday, February 27, 2012

Ghosting

I tried my hand at a new technique I found called Ghosting.  To do this you start with a page painted with black acrylic paint.  After that use Color Wash to spray on a pattern using stencils or you can just random spray.  You need to use Color Wash and not Mists, that is very important.  After this is dry use Gesso to pounce onto the black (don't brush on) and then you will see the color bleed through the Gesso. I used another stencil (Star) to add the Gesso to specific areas.

This was my first attempt but I can see from the technique that it could make some pretty cool backgrounds for pages once I start playing around with it a bit more.























Thanks for stopping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond :)

 
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Goodreads RSS